Festive, colorful and all out delicious this cocktail is rich with herbaceous, floral and berry notes. It’s a celebration in a glass, and the perfect accompaniment to all the holiday feasting during the season.
- 1.5oz Light Botanical Gin
- 1 oz Crowberry Liqueur (can be substituted with blackberry liqueur or crème de cassis)
- 2/3 oz lime juice
- 2/3 oz thyme and birch syrup
- 2 drops Angostura bitters
- Thyme, preferably Arctic (for garnish)
THYME AND BIRCH SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 sprigs Arctic thyme (can substitute regular thyme)
- 1 Tbsp. dried birch leaves (birch tea works well here)
- 1 pinch Saltverk Arctic Thyme Salt
- 1 pinch Saltverk Birch Smoked Salt
First, to make the thyme and birch syrup, combine all syrup ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cover, allowing syrup to cool and infuse for 24 hours. After infusion, strain birch and thyme and refrigerate to keep.
For the cocktail, add all the above ingredients into a cocktail shaker and top with ice until shaker is filled. Shake until chilled - approximately 20 seconds. Pour into a cocktail glass and garnish with thyme (preferably Arctic) and a final pinch of Saltverk Arctic Thyme Salt. Skál!
Serves: 1Shop Arctic Thyme Salt